Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: a bit of reading fluff

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

And my current reading couldn't be fluffier: Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich. The following seems like a pretty typical couple of sentences for Evanovich.

Giving and getting the finger is a way of life in Jersey. Still, getting the finger from a monkey isn't normal even by Jersey standards.

(What is it with me and the trained animals?)

11 comments:

Calico Crazy said...

These books always make me laugh. My teaser is up at Calico Contemplations.

Anonymous said...

Funny, really getting a finger from a monkey!!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.

Missy B. said...

LOL! Hilarious! I need to read this! Great teaser......

tweezle said...

That was definitely a LOL teaser!!! Love it.

Here's mine for this week:
http://tweezlereads.blogspot.com/2010/02/teaser-tuesday_09.html

Lorin said...

Fluff is good - I've never read anything by her, though.

Barbara said...

I hear she has written a graphic novel -- that would be a nice read!

here's mine
http://blog.readinggroupchoices.com/content/blog/barbara/10/february/teaser-tuesday-29-daughters-witching-hill

Kaye said...

Light and fluffy, yes, but definitely hysterical. When I read that I kept laughing out loud and hubby said that book can't be that funny. It is! Eeep!

Mine is here

jlshall said...

Now that's a great teaser! I've never read anything by Janet Evanovich, but now I think I'm gonna have to!

Mel (He Followed Me Home) said...

great teaser! I still haven't read any of her yet BUT this makes me want to change that soon :)

LKT said...

Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels are seriously pee-in-your-pants funny. I have loved every one of them. If you haven't read her, and want something light and hilarious, she will fit the bill.

Anonymous said...

The Stephanie Plum books are so much fun. I haven't read this one yet, so I don't know how the monkey fits in, but it doesn't really surprise me ;)

Here's my Teaser.