Friday, February 4, 2011

Various and Sundry, February 4

Quickly, quickly, because there's much to do today.

You people out there in snow-land, be careful! And go easy on the shoveling, eh?

In sporting news, I'm rooting for Aaron Rodgers and the Packers for Sunday's Superbowl. Go Cheeseheads! And I loved this article about the guy who invented the Cheesehead hats, using foam from his mother's sofa.

I thought this obituary for Maria Schneider, who starred in The Last Tango in Paris, was a rather sad one. Kind of says something that she's quoted as saying, “Never take your clothes off for middle-aged men who claim that it’s art.” I also find it perhaps a painful image that she was cast as Mrs. Rochester in Zeffirelli's Jane Eyre of 1996.

Boy, do I have nothing intelligent to say about the protests in Egypt. But I did love this photo which shows "a team of Egyptian Christians forming a massive human shield to protect their Muslim countrymen as they prayed during the violent protests" on Tuesday.

And in other protest news, this 19-year-old makes the case for gay marriage as well as anyone I've seen:

No comments: