Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sisyphus

In case you're wondering where I've been, I've been cleaning. Actually, it's mostly not me doing the cleaning, but I've been trying to stay out of the way while other people clean. Houseguests, you know. (That came out wrong; the houseguest is not doing the cleaning.) Stressfully, this particular houseguest was head of housekeeping for the Atlanta Olympics.

So yesterday it was the upholstery guy who worked for 5 hours to clean the sofas and chairs. He said he thinks he got 90 percent of the fur out of the furniture (making it "niture" I guess). I thanked him profusely, paid him, wished him great fun at his daughter's quincenera, waved goodbye, came in the house and found...


Well, you knew that was coming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least they're symmetrical paw prints! Maybe you can pretend it's the latest trend in designer decorating ...

Anonymous said...

ps - if the cleaner only got 90% of the fur out of the furniture, then I believe you still have "rniture"