Thursday, May 24, 2007

Acts of Toleration

Got my Episcopal Life Online update today and saw that on this date in 1689, English Parliament passed the Act of Toleration. Wouldn't that be a pleasant thing for this day and age?

The Anglican blogosphere being awash in opinions about who's been invited to Lambeth and who hasn't, I will not add my own here. I just note that today is the feast of Jackson Kemper, first missionary bishop in the United States who laid foundations for the Episcopal Church in Missouri, Indiana, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Kansas, "and made extensive missionary tours in the South and Southwest." I point this out because I find it very strange that the Anglican Communion seems to be working very hard to make itself smaller.

Really, I have nothing to contribute to the discussion; I will just add my prayers.

No comments: