Saturday, July 5, 2008

Copying someone else's wonderful thoughts on fireflies

I read a bunch of Anglican blogs, and then I read the Bourbon Cowboy, Dave Dickerson, who is a mighty clever guy. He's a regular contributor to "This American Life" and has just finished a memoir on his days writing greeting cards for Hallmark while losing his faith. And he's working on another book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk"--a welcome addition to the world today, I would think.

On the 4th, he wrote an entry on fireflies that I liked a lot and hope he doesn't mind that I share. You can find it here.

We don't have fireflies out here in California. I do know from summers spent with my father's family in Missouri how magical they are. But I'd never thought of them as religious before today.

No comments: