Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Thoughts

I don't really have any. I used 'em all up on Maundy Thursday and Good Friday. I skipped the Vigil and went to the early service this morning, which seemed just right for me.

So here's a round-up of some other people's Easter thoughts that I liked quite a bit.

Mark Harris, in his Easter Vigil reflection writes, "This Holy Night is not a time to explain the Resurrection. This is a night to celebrate the Resurrection. There will be plenty of time to reflect on it, think on it, attempt to understand the mystery of it...We celebrate now, and we celebrate always, by living a Christian life of every moment awareness of Resurrection as irrepressible."

Jane Redmont quotes from an obituary!

"In presenting his impaired body to his startled friends, the resurrected Jesus is revealed as the disabled God,” [Nancy Eieslund] wrote. God remains a God the disabled can identify with, she argued — he is not cured and made whole; his injury is part of him, neither a divine punishment nor an opportunity for healing.
Jane goes on to ponder more on the resurrection.

And the Lady of Silences has a lovely meditation which was a guest editorial in the Utica Observer-Dispatch.

I'll stop there. I hope you are having a lovely Easter.

No comments: