Friday, March 4, 2011

Various and Sundry, March 4

Are you a quadragesimarian? Well, before that happens, you might want to check out Jim's Pancakes, which are amazing. Remember the dinosaur skeleton one? Very cool.

My favorite obituary this week was this crazy story from the Telegraph about Jay Landesman who, and I quote, "was a parent whose capacity to embarrass knew no bounds." I think the deceased would have been very pleased by the obituary.

I really liked this blog entry for its ambiguity. In a world with so much certainty about the Right Thing To Do About Africa, this uncertainty and tentativeness was refreshing.

The radio program/podcast This American Life is always compelling, but last week's episode was edge-of-your-seat amazing! I heartily recommend it to you. Seriously. It's a mystery and a fight for justice and an amazing story of persistence and of forgiveness. You will not regret it.

No comments: