Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tuesday Book Blogging: Teaser Tuesday

I don't know what's up with me that my tolerance for books is so low these days. I started Time and Again last week and gave up fairly quickly. It was too slow for my taste. Too much description. I'm a plot girl, me. Then I hoovered down an early Spenser book, which was fine, but I was surprised to find him tiresome this time around. Maybe we've known each other too long.

BlackoutSo I'm very glad that I have now dived into a book I'm enjoying immensely: Blackout by Connie Willis. I need to read more of her books. I've enjoyed all the ones I've read. And I'm happy that this is part 1 of 2. I learned about it because the second book, All Clear, was on the new book table at the library.

Apparently, it wasn't supposed to be two books, but I don't mind. Maybe I'm not totally book-averse after all.

At any rate, here's the teaser:

"You are not going to St. Paul's or World War II or the World Trade Center. You are going back to school. After you've passed your A-levels and been admitted to Oxford and the history program, then we'll discuss your going to--"

"By then, it'll be too late," Colin muttered.

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading where you can find all the details.

5 comments:

Jenny Q said...

This book's on my list at the library. Glad you're enjoying it. Here's my teaser from The Queen's Rival.

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) said...

Interesting! My Teaser is here:http://bookskidsanimalsandmore.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday_15.html

Buffy said...

I definitely enjoyed these two.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't like "Time and Again," one of my longtime favorites - but look forward to hearing what you think of "Blackout" and "All Clear," which I actually bought in hardback, no less, so I could read them as soon as they came out.

LKT said...

Regarding Time and Again...I want to tell it, "It's not you, it's me." I feel like saying that to most of the books I pick up and put down. I'm clearly working through reading issues at the moment.