Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

The teaser this week is from The Girl Who Ran Off With Daddy by David Handler. I've read a number of his mysteries and like his hard-boiled celebrity ghostwriter sleuth, Stewart "Hoagy" Hoag ("As in Carmichael?" everyone asks. "As in the cheesesteak," Hoagy always answers).

I'm reading it in part because this week is National Ghostwriter Week, as I'm sure you knew. Seems like a good week to see The Ghost Writer as well.

At any rate, and finally, here's the teaser:

"By God, woman," Thor exclaimed, his voice booming, "you get prettier every time I see you!"

"And you, Mr. Gibbs," she said airily, "get more and more full of baked beans."

Happy reading!

6 comments:

Cecelia said...

Ha! More full of baked beans...and other things... That teaser made me smile - great choice!

If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

Alayne said...

Haha I love it! My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

Lori said...

Well she said that awefully nice didn't she? Funny teaser. Here's Mine.

Kaye said...

Ha ha Good one! I like his other mystery series set in Ct but for the life of me, I can't remember the name of the series. Have a great week and happy reading! Here is my teaser giveaway

TexasRed said...

Great comeback!

Here's my teaser for this week: TexasRed Books

pussreboots said...

Funny teaser. Thank you for stopping by my Nancy Drew teaser.