Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Westminster Kennel Club results

Although I thought the Giant Schnauzer showed her little heart out and I would have given her the top prize, I have to give credit to the judge for naming a 10-year-old dog named Stump Best in Show. I would like to add that it was a pleasure to have Mary Carillo's wit, vivacity and humor as part of the color team. I think her intelligence allowed David Frei to shine as well. One of my favorite moments was when Mary parsed the announcer's description of one dog as "rambunctious" (or something like that). "Rambunctious...what does that mean exactly?" said Mary. "It means, 'hide your shoes'," said David.

Westminster comes at a wonderful time in the sporting year, too: after the Super Bowl and before March Madness. I mean, the dogs look the same year after year, but it's still so much fun to watch because you really never know who's going to take home the prize.

No comments: