Wednesday, October 8, 2008

This is not patriotic

The nastiness of the presidential campaign as it enters its last month has gone beyond the pale, as far as I'm concerned. I can understand raising insinuations, innuendos, and even smears, but I cannot tolerate that at a Palin rally a rally-goer can yell "Kill him" about Barack Obama and that the McCain campaign doesn't respond. I can even (barely) understand that in the moment, Palin didn't hear the comment or simply didn't have the wherewithal to respond. But not to send out an immediate statement saying, "This is unacceptable. This is not what we stand for. This is not patriotic"--that's where I lose my respect for the Republican presidential ticket. I am appalled.

God keep all the candidates and their families safe from harm.

No comments: