Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday funnies

'Tis Talk Like a Pirate Day--arrr! T' celebrate, I hereby proclaim that I wish t' be known this day as Cap'n Rachel Bloodbath. I further proclaim t' ye that ye should hie your lazy landlubber guts over t' t' Pirate Name Generator and find your own Piratey Name. Arr! Then join me crew with a hearty "Aye aye" below.


I hope ye be celebratin' a Pirate Eucharist today.  Th' gospel this mornin' is enough to warm the cockles of any good scalawag's heart.  Arrrr-men.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That does it. "Pirate Eucharist" is over the top. Just for that, you need a dose of Stan Rogers and his pirate buddies singing "Barrett's Privateers" around the kitchen table (I posted this over at internetmonk, too).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-PQbdmQRwc

Also: Veggie Tales, "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaWU1CmrJNc

LKT said...

I haven't heard that first one for years! Love that song (also, of course, the Pirates who Don't Do Anything). For that, Ted--or should I say "Sea Monkey Argus"--an extra ration of rum for ye! Also a trip to Boston in the fall.

Anonymous said...

Two of my girls are in Boston, but I'll wait for them to come home for a visit. Nobody should have to go to Boston, fall or spring...