Saturday, June 13, 2009

This week on the Colbert Report

I hope you got to see this week's episodes of the Colbert Report, broadcast from Iraq. I downloaded the episodes since there's no cable here, and every day found myself saying, "Bless his heart." Colbert did a lovely job of supporting the troops, and not in a sentimental way. He allowed his hair to be shaved off, for one. He talked to enlisted men and women as well as generals. He promoted the USO's care package program, encouraging viewers to participate. And he ended the broadcast by saying...well, here it is.

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Operation Iraqi Stephen - Sign Off - Honey, I'm Coming Home
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorStephen Colbert in Iraq


You can find all the episodes here.

2 comments:

qoe said...

And did you see this past week's Newsweek? Colbert was guest editor. Fun! Makes the ads for pharmaceuticals (which are the regular ads!) look like jokes (which they aren't...)! Colbert's visit to Iraq reminds me of Bob Hope and all that he did (for DECADES) bringing USO shows to the war zone.

LKT said...

I haven't seen that Newsweek yet; I meant to pick it up. I'll take a look and see if it's still on the stands. Colbert...and Stewart...doing such consistently wonderful work.