Monday, November 17, 2008

Reading update

I'm pleased to report that I'm getting a lot more reading done now that the election is over. I seem to have quite a bit more time in general, which makes me wonder what-all I was doing with all that time.

At the moment, I'm reading a terrific book by Michael Lewis called "The Blind Side," which is a good football season read, and I'm not even a football fan. It's a fantastic story of a kid becoming a college football player, but it's not really about that. It's about a miraculous life, actually, and I'm tempted to say God's redeeming work, but you can say wonderful coincidence if that's more your cup of tea. And I also now know what a left tackle does, which makes me feel like a more well-rounded person. At any rate, I highly recommend it.

This picture is of the kid in question, and of the family that adopted him. It's a wonderful story.

No comments: