Friday, May 20, 2011

Various & Sundry, pre-trib edition

That would be a Rapture reference, in case you don't know. And if you don't know, well, then, don't expect to be caught up with Jesus in heaven this weekend.

So much fabulous mockery at the doom-mongers' expense. You can get rapture T-shirts; professors are offering FAQs on how to handle finals in case of the rapture. To wit:
Q: What if my instructor is raptured?
A: None of our instructors bear much chance of being judged worthy. However, on the off chance your instructor is chosen, an army of unemployed secular Marxists is waiting to take his/her place.

And MadPriest suggests the following explanation for all the hoopla:

I'm sure he'll feel much better once that's fixed.

In non-rapture-related news, a couple of images that have stuck with me that I wanted to share. This first is a picture of the Space Shuttle take-off, taken from a plane.

Here's another Photo of the shuttle from my plane.  on Twitpic
Isn't that amazing?

And I also loved this Dance of the Pendulums.



Full description of how this works here.

Have a great weekend, rapture or no rapture!

No comments: