Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesday Book Blogging: the stuff I'm not reading

Let's take a look at all the books I've checked out of the library that I haven't even started yet, shall we?

Swan for the Money (Meg Langslow, No 11)Swan for the Money by Donna Andrews, number 11 in the Meg Langslow mysteries. You know it's bad when I don't even have time to pick up one of these light-hearted reads.

Groundswell, Expanded and Revised Edition: Winning in a World Transformed by Social TechnologiesGroundswell by Charlene Li and Josh Bernoff. I hear this is a good book for learning the underpinnings of social media, not just "how you put an ad on Facebook."

Assassination VacationAssassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell. I would like to think that with my obsession with obituaries and Sarah's obsession with political assassins, we could be friends.

LifeLife by Keith Richards. I heard him being interviewed on Fresh Air, and he sounded interesting. Plus he called Terry Gross "darlin'" in an off-hand way.

The Bucolic Plague: How Two Manhattanites Became Gentlemen Farmers: An Unconventional Memoir (P.S.)The Bucolic Plague by Josh Kilmer-Purcell. Recommended by a friend and it sounds like a blast. May want to follow up with Kilmer-Purcell's first memoir about his days as a drug-addicted drag queen. But first, the part where he and his partner leave Manhattan to become gentlemen farmers.

Everyday Icon: Michelle Obama and the Power of StyleEveryday Icon: Michelle Obama and the Power of Style by Kate Betts. Lots of pretty pictures. I'll probably start here first.

What's piled up on your bedside table?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Robert Parker, Sixkill - his last, but one of his best