Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tuesday Book Blogging

The Art of Raising a Puppy (Revised Edition)Know what's happening at our house late next week? Here's a clue: the teaser this week comes from The Art of Raising a Puppy by the Monks of New Skete. And here is your teaser (And I'll have you know, these really were sentences picked at random):

It is best to decide on a name for your puppy prior to her arrival in your house. Why not spend some time considering the different possibilities and including everyone in the decision making?

Yes, why not?

So along with your teaser, I'd love to hear your name suggestions for a female liver-colored flat coated retriever.

Here's a photo from the breeder:


[wooji wooji]

When grown, she will look something like this:


The best name I've come up with so far is Hera. As in Hera the dog. But I fear the joke will run thin fairly quickly. What do you suggest?

4 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I love naming pets! With one kitty, it took my daughter and I a car ride home (of two hours) to come up with the right name.

I'm thinking Sasha. I love Russian names for pets.

Here's MY TT POST

Sonia said...

Ohh cute puppy! Interesting teaser - I figured you would always name pet after it's living with you. But I don't really have any ideas for the pup's name.

Lorin said...

Cute! I've never gotten a dog that didn't come with a name. Where to begin? There was in my extended family an alcohol-based naming system going for a while. Bailey, Hennesy, etc. You could try a wine name. Chablis would make a good name. Gamay. Muscat.

I kind of sort of prefer not to use people's names for pets. Avoids the awkwardness of saying "my dog and your kid have the same name."

it's margaret said...

Oh how adorable!

On that note --Dori.

A favorite saint?
A favorite goddess?

And Mr. Witty lived with us for about a month before he revealed his name --and in between, we just called him 'little guy'. He still gets all affectionate when we call him that.

...and when Miss Adorable comes, more pics please!