Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Discernment is driving me crazy

Last week I linked to a blog entry entitled Discernment Looks Boring which talked about the new Harry Potter movie and how its slowness was representative of the hard work of discernment.

I realized today that I'm also struggling with discernment with this whole job search process. The running around and doing things part is easy; the actual sitting down and figuring out what I want to do? Not so much.

I've spent all morning doing stuff and avoiding the thinking stuff. As soon as I post this, I will shut down the computer and go and think.

The big question is "what do I want to do?" Since my answer to that is, I don't have a clue, the first thing I need to figure out are what are the smaller components that add up to "what I want to do."

Finding a job is hard enough. I had no idea it was going to be that much harder to find out what kind of job I'm looking for. What a slog! Keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

Turning off computer now.

2 comments:

Celine said...

I know how hard it is to figure out what you really want to do..

Good luck, I hope the thinking has paid off (:

it's margaret said...

You have my prayers.

my wv: getabat

Is that a clue to what you want to do?