Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Teaser Tuesday, November 23

Leaving Microsoft to Change the World: An Entrepreneur's Odyssey to Educate the World's ChildrenThis week's teaser is from the book Leaving Microsoft to Change the World, written by John Wood, the founder of Room to Read. All you bookish types who love reading coming to this blog from Should Be Reading might want to check them out. They do good work.

Those of you who regularly follow this blog know that Room to Read is an organization where I did an informational interview last week. I would love to work there. Such an amazing organization! And the founder's story is pretty incredible too.

Here's the teaser:

I did the math in my head several times because I kept arriving at a figure of ten cents per hour, and I simply could not imagine this small amount being the difference between receiving an education and not. So I confirmed the current exchange rate, and my math, with Vu. Yes, ten cents.

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading where you will find all the details. What are you reading? Please join in!

3 comments:

Buffy said...

Cool! I clearly need to read this book.

Here's mine:
http://situationswhereyoumayneedit.blogspot.com/2010/11/teaser-tuesdays-november-23-2010.html

BC said...

Wow that book sounds really interesting. I wish you the best in the pursuit of your job. Room to Read looks like an amazing organization.

Unknown said...

Interesting teaser!