Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Teaser Tuesday, 11/16

I still have about 7000 pages to go in the BEHEMOTH that is Sovereign. I'm behind on my sleep because I keep reading and reading and still our hero Shardlake is in peril. PERIL, I tell you!  I'd tell you what the peril is, but it is too perilous.

But let us leave him in peril for a moment as our teaser takes us into completely new territory: eBay! I am dipping my toe into the world of online auctions and am reading up on the subject in between perils.

eBay Business All-in-One For DummiesI admit, it's kind of hard to find a Teaser in that great classic eBay Business for Dummies, but we'll do our best to find something riveting. Thrilling! Suspenseful! Such as this cliffhanger:

eBay penalizes sellers who charge high shipping fees and rewards sellers who offer Free Shipping by giving them better visibility in the Best Match search results. Try listing your item with the minimum shipping amount included in your selling price.

What on earth will happen next?!

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB who gives all the details and instructions at Should Be Reading.

8 comments:

Bev Hankins said...

Hmmm...intersting to learn how websites screen your stuff. Even when they're supposed to be all about helping you sell.

Thanks for stopping by mine!

Jennifer said...

Good tips. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/11/teaser-tuesdays-heideggers-glasses.html

Anonymous said...

Here is my teaser from "The Lodestone Book One: The Sea of Storms" by Mark Whiteway (Prologue):

It was early in the afternoon, when Kal first saw the flying rock.

Well, perhaps "flying" was a slight exaggeration; a subtle embellishment that he might have used later when trying to impress his younger brother, or his friends after third-day prayers. It was a least enough to break Kal out of his reverie. Hymarr's reaction was the last thing he had expected.

He has been rehearsing in his mind for days beforehand how he would ask her to accompany him to the Spring Gratitude Service. That morning, as he lay in his bedchamber, before even Ali-Gan, the yellow sun, has risen over the western horizon, he determined that today was going to be the day.

Celine said...

They're everywhere. It's everything just one big conspiracy!

Great teaser (:

You can check out mine about killer unicorns (something completely different) here.

Unknown said...

Who doesn't like and appreciate a teaser with a tip in it.

Nice!!

Stop by and check out my Reading Bucket List Challenge for 2011. It is in the works but I welcome suggestions.

Mad Scientist
http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

I'm on the edge of my seat!

Although, as a frequent eBay shopper, I'll see if I can find free shipping deals. I didn't realize.

Buffy said...

Okay, (even though this isn't the point of your teaser) I keep hearing you talk about the Shardlake mysteries. Out of complete laziness on my part, will you tell me the first title in the series?


Here's mine(three this week):

http://situationswhereyoumayneedit.blogspot.com/2010/11/teaser-tuesdays-november-16-2010.html

Unknown said...

I had no idea ebay did this. I wonder if it offers the incentive ebay thinks it does because I see a lot og high shipping costs on ebay.

I bet this book gives you a lot of "behind the scenes" info!

~ Amy