Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday Morning Preacher: Update

The woman who last week thought I wasn't fiery enough told me yesterday that I seemed more joyful. Whatever that means. I don't know that I was more joyful than I had been the week before. But I'll take it.

I did address a couple of issues I've talked about here before: preaching in the first person, and simply stating my conclusions. No hemming and hawing. No apologies. It was tough for me, but I think it went...pretty well. It was an effort of will to proclaim rather than suggest, but I can see the difference and I have hopes this is a step in the right direction.

Preaching without hedging didn't feel bad; it just felt unnatural, like a change in posture, which I guess is what it was. Maybe it will become second-nature in time. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: