Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tuesday book blogging

In my ongoing quest to find books that don't tax my brain but don't make me feel totally stupid, I am currently reading Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind by Ann B. Ross, an excellent recommendation, thank you. Just the ticket.

Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind: A NovelHere's a teaser:

"Thank you," I whispered. What else could I say? The Presbyterian Women's Prayer Chain transmitted news of sickness, accident, death, divorce, pregnancy, teenage problems, bankruptcy, and anything else you could name, and did it faster than a streak of summer lightning. Well, it was no more than I expected, having activated the prayer chain myself any number of times when I'd heard something that needed to be prayed over and passed on.

Delightful.

In other book news, courtesy of Jenny Lawson, here is the strangest book trailer I've ever seen. Well, first, let's note the whole strangeness of the fact that there are book trailers. And then let us note how particularly strange we find this trailer for the book Let's Panic About Babies.



If you would like to join in the Teaser Tuesday movement, check on MizB at ShouldBeReading for details.

3 comments:

kayerj said...

tell a woman--news will travel faster than using a telephone. fun teaser. Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

Jyoti Babel said...

First time to ur blog.. I like the name of ur blog..

Here is my teaser for TT..


http://jbabel.blogspot.com/2011/03/3-teaser-tuesday.html

Lisa-Marie Jordan said...

Very interesting teaser! Thanks for visiting!