Wednesday, June 24, 2009

General Convention

In case you're wondering why my posts have been spottier, shorter, and more derivative, it's because of General Convention, the triennial meeting of the Episcopal Church which starts two weeks from today. The image to the right, there, is the theme and logo of this year's GC, Ubuntu, which (in my opinion) is almost unbearably PC, but that's just me.

I'll be there in a 10 by 10 foot booth, promoting Confirm not Conform and pretending to be an extravert. Yikes!

I'm excited about going, very curious what it will be like. I mean, what is it like being around 10,000 Episcopalians at a time? Over 200 bishops will be wandering around; will any of them need a confirmation program?

The Archbishop of Canterbury will make an appearance, though I doubt he'll appear in the exhibit hall. The convention is in Anaheim; will the ABC go to Disneyland? Will I? And I have no idea who all will be there that I know or that I have met through the blogosphere or who I will get to know.

In the meantime, there's a ton to do, so blogging may be light for a bit. But it's exciting stuff, and I'll keep you posted as I can.

No comments: