Thursday, May 28, 2009

Zombies! Zombies everywhere!

One of my daily alerts I get from Google is for blogs that mention saints. I learn a lot about Yves Saint Laurent that way. But I also recently learned about Lost Zombies, "a community generated zombie documentary," when this photo came up.

Then yesterday, Lorin, source of all things, pointed me towards the Stinque Zombie Bible, "Celebrating our Judeo-Christian-Zombie heritage." People with a lot more time on their hands than I have, have rewritten the Bible (most of it, anyway) to reflect a Zombie-centric worldview. Lorin notes that it's "funnier in concept than in actuality," and I'd have to agree. Even I am uncomfortable with a Zombie Jesus, as in Matthew 1:21 "And she shall bring forth an undead son, and thou shalt call his name ZOMBIE JESUS: for he shall doom his people to horrifying deaths at the hands of His zombie disciples." Hmmm...not going there.

Seems to me the Old Testament lends itself better to zombification. The Book of Jonah appears to be wide open for your revision. If you like that sort of thing.

Which leads me to ask: when did I become Zombie Central?

1 comment:

Lorin said...

I'm just pointing this out: you're the only person I know who actually read Pride & Prejudice & Zombies.