Saturday, May 23, 2009

Pride and Prejudice in social media form

Earlier, back when I bought Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, I noted that P&P should have its own section of the bookstore for the P&P-themed cookbooks, self-help books, sci-fi rewrites, etc. But if you really need MORE ways to read Pride and Prejudice, here are a couple of tech specific forms.

Yesterday, I was directed to a rewrite of Pride and Prejudice in Twitter form. Called, of course, Pride and Twitterverse, the whole shebang is told in 140 character bursts with all the strange Twitter lingo and quirks with hyperlinks to relevant webpages. For example:

CharlotteL:
@LizzyB you will tweet to me, won't you? I don't think I could bear going if you didn't tweet to me.

LizzyB:
@CharlotteL Of course. I’ll even visit you on Facebook but promise me I won’t have to read Mr Collins’ blog.

(twittery ha ha)

This, of course, reminds me of the Pride and Prejudice in Facebook form, aka Austenbook, which I believe I first heard about from Lorin yonks ago. I am completely dependent upon Lorin for interesting reading material. Thanks, Lorin! In it, P&P is presented in a completely different, Facebook-y way.

Pride and Prejudice! Will it never end? How many technological techniques will we find to say what Eliabeth and company are doing?

You may now go back to doing something practical.

2 comments:

Lorin said...

You're welcome, I guess. I feel like I should apologize for finding so many ways for us to waste our time!

LKT said...

Oh, no need to apologize! Heavens!