Friday, May 1, 2009

Lysistrata, Kenyan-style

I apologize for the "Lysistrata" reference in the title when the real title ought to be, "Wasn't there a Greek play about women refusing sex to their husbands until they settled down?" But, really, it's more impressive to pretend I knew Lysistrata off the top of my head.

Yesterday, listening to my daily dose of African news, I learned that a group of women in Kenya is organizing a sex strike to protest the infighting in the government. They are paying prostitutes to take the week off and they have talked to the wives of the president and prime minister to get everybody to just calm down.

"Great decisions are made during pillow talk, so we are asking the two ladies at that intimate moment to ask their husbands: 'Darling can you do something for Kenya?'"

No comments: