Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Where are we going? Planet 10!

OK, who recognizes that quote? Hands in the air. Who knows the rest of the litany? Let's say it together, shall we?

When are we going?
REAL SOON!

I enjoyed the new Star Trek movie, as I mentioned before, but I did chortle a bit at the echoes of The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai Across the 8th Dimension, celebrating its 25th anniversary this year.

Bruce Greenwood, who played Captain Pike (left), looks a bit like an aging Peter Weller to me (above).

Then of course there's the Romulan mining ship (left) that bears a startling resemblance to the Lectroid ship orbiting the earth in BB (right). I mean, Romulan ships are notoriously sleek. What are they doing with this pointy thing?

Full of water, too, like the Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems where Penny Pretty is threatened by a slimy space insect, similar to a slimy space insect used by the Romulan captain.

Coincidence? You be the judge.

No comments: