Friday, September 17, 2010

For everything there is a season

I got this pencil box when I was just a wee lass.  This morning, I went to get a paper clip out of it and it finally gave up the ghost.

 I don't know exactly when I got it, but clearly I wasn't even old enough to write my own name.  And that's the address from where we lived until I was 10.


As I remember it (others might remember it better), it was a Christmas present.  I have no idea why this, of all the things I have received over the years, has stayed with me so long--over more than 30 years and I don't even know how many moves.


You never know what will prove to be precious, do you?

I think it's time to honor it for its 30+ years of faithful service and say goodbye.  What a great little box.

Update: Here's a close-up of the cover of the box.  It's really quite lovely, isn't it?

3 comments:

Buffy said...

This is a cool thing to blog about.
Can you do something else with the panel with the painting?

LKT said...

Your wish is my command.

it's margaret said...

Ritual fire. The land fill is wrong. Just sayin'.