Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Teaser Tuesday, August 31

OK! On to Teaser Tuesday with two (or so) sentences picked randomly (more or less) from the book I am currently reading. Further details at MizB's place, Should Be Reading, if you want to join in.

Red Sky at Morning: A Novel (Perennial Classics)I'm still reading Red Sky at Morning whose hilariousness cannot be adequately conveyed sans context, so you'll just have to trust me that this is a very funny book.

Here's the teaser:

"She spends every summer at a church camp in Colorado. She comes back with a tan and the scroungiest jokes I ever heard. This year she brought back a song called 'Ring Dang Do' that would make your hair turn white."

Does it help to know that Harper Lee wrote the blurb on the cover of my copy from the library?

7 comments:

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

haha! I like this teaser a lot! Great pick :)

Tricia said...

LOL! How cute, happy reading! Thank you for stopping by my teaser.

Anonymous said...

I like it! Thanks for stopping by as well!

Buffy said...

I need some hilarity in my life right now, maybe I should check this out!

Here's mine:

http://situationswhereyoumayneedit.blogspot.com/2010/08/teaser-tuesdays-august-31-2010-wilkie.html

Barbara said...

great teaser. have to check this book out -- I need some hilarity.

Here's mine from a funny picture book, It's a Book.

stephy said...

Hey, *I* used to spend every summer at church camp in Colorado! I might have to read this book.

Julie said...

I remember my days at church camp too. Good times. I like the image of hearing a song that could make my hair turn white too. :D So funny!
Thanks for coming by my blog last week. :)