Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Teaser Tuesday, August 10

So it's been a few weeks, but we do often have Teaser Tuesdays in which I select more or less at random more or less two sentences from the book I'm currently reading in hopes of enticing you to read said book as well. Or at least make you think I'm a prolific reader. It's hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading and, should you decide to participate by posting your own teaser, you should pop over there and share your link in the comments, and visit a few other teasers to see the wide array of books you are not reading. It's intimidating, I tell you what.

This Time Together: Laughter and ReflectionToday's teaser is from Carol Burnett's hilarious autobiography, This Time Together.

[Upon meeting Jimmy Stewart for the first time:]

Trying to be funny or flip or whatever it was, I gave a stupid little salute and piped up with what must be one of the dumbest things I could've come up with: "Well, guess it's time to tie on the ol' feedbag!" With that I whirled around and stepped off the two-foot-high set right into a bucket of whitewash.

It's completely delightful.

Bonus: here's Carol singing her early hit "I made a fool of myself over John Foster Dulles."



Bonus bonus: review of my last Teaser, Wrong, is the entry below this.

6 comments:

Chotti said...

hehe, Carol Burnett is always funny. It's interesting to see the comedians from the 60s and see how different comedy is today.

Lynn Gardner said...

Oh, that's cute! I hadn't realized Burnett had written a book.

zetor said...

Oh that is so funny sounds like a fun read and a great addition for me is I am a great Jimmy Stewart fan too!

Lorin said...

That's really funny. No surprise, considering the source.

Unknown said...

Actually, this isn't her autobiography (that's titled One More Time), but a series of stories from her life and career -- some quite short, others longer, some personal and others professional. It's a fast read but full of great stories and potential sermon illustrations.

Tasha said...

Great teaser! Thanks for stopping by my teaser...