Monday, June 2, 2008

This is a joke, right?

I don't normally read the comments on the more active blogs about the Anglican comings and goings. They tend to be more rough and tumble than my soul can bear. But I noted one where I wanted to find a link mentioned waaay in the back of the comments of a posting about All Saints Pasadena offering marriages for same-sex couples so I scanned through. And found this comment from someone signing him- or herself "Anglican." Here's the part that made me go, "Huh?"
Years ago, I lived in a liberal diocese, attended a liberal parish. Now I do not. About two weeks ago, I went "home" and visited my previous church, the first time in about three years. I'm struck by how unchristian it is. The priest seems to think feeding the poor, blanketing the homeless, and having dinner for members is what religion is about.

Silly me! I guess that's what I get for listening to that Jesus guy.