Friday, December 9, 2011

Strong reaction

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a Christian, but you don't need to be in the pew every Sunday to know there's something wrong in this country when presidential candidates can disparage those serving in the military and tell outright lies about our nation and its president.

As a voter, I will do my part to work against slander and falsehood. And I'll fight against attacks on our religious heritage that twists religion into a platform for fear and hatred.

I'm an American citizen, and I approved this message.

Here's the ad I'm reacting to:

2 comments:

elizlk said...

What Perry is espousing sounds like the Pharisees of Jesus' time ... and Perry belongs in "outer darkness, where there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth".

jantoepfer said...

I heard that comment too, and I am really confused about how gay folks serving in the military has anything to do with prayer in schools. Am I just dense or what? Mom