Thursday, June 30, 2011

Social Media Day

So apparently today, June 30, is Social Media Day. At least according to Mashable, the social networking blog--THE social networking blog, more like.

Why June 30? I can't find a reason, but I guess there doesn't need to be one. There are meet-ups planned all over. The one in San Francisco involves going to The House of Air which is (wait for it!) an indoor trampoline park. I don't think they were focused on the middle-aged lady crowd.

But I do like the fact that Social Media Day is all about...actually socializing. You know, like, in person. Which I think gets it right. Social media is meant to be in service of human interaction. I'm glad that to celebrate all these new-fangled forms of technology, the impulse is to get together and have a party with friends.

No comments: