Sunday, August 24, 2008

The "What Do I Know?" Report on Joe Biden

All I know about Joe Biden I've read in the past two days, and actually, this isn't about Joe Biden; it's about Barack Obama. And that's to say, I admire Obama for being willing to pick someone even after that person said he didn't think Obama was ready to lead.

Obama's no fool; he must know that McCain's campaign will use that against him. Heck, I know they'll use that against him. And maybe Obama is foolish for picking a running mate that will allow the McCain campaign to bring up the charge of Obama's inexperience again and again.

But on a personal level, what that choice says to me is that Obama doesn't need worshipers, and I can't help but think that's a good thing.

1 comment:

qoe said...

Biden, with a long track record of solid experience, particularly on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, was probably the best choice Obama could make, bringing the ticket up many notches for me. (Not that what I think should matter to anyone...)