Tuesday, March 20, 2007

baseball on my mind

Here I am, drinking an herbal infusion, delivered by a friend of mine to aid me in my Womanly Complaint (though it does not appear to have chocolate (the herbal infusion, that is, not the Womanly Complaint) and so, of course, my mind turns to baseball.

Perhaps it was the email update on the A's. Perhaps it was the table of baseball books at the bookstore I browsed during lunch. Perhaps it's because I don't want to be working (and, why, look, I'm not!). Perhaps it's because I've got home opener tickets in my wallet. But I'm thinking about baseball. About its pace and its persistence. About how hard it is and how easy it looks.

The season starts the Monday of Holy Week, but the A's are away until Easter. The tickets are an Easter Monday treat I got myself. He is risen, and the season has started. And really, what could be better than that?

More later, but in the meantime Palm Sunday beckons.

No comments: